Murugan Temple : Additional Instructions
As your wellbeing is our utmost priority, for past couple of months, we temporarily closed the Murugan Temple for the public. Now, as the COVID-19 cases are declining in our area, we believe it is time to provide LIMITED ACCESS for devotees to the temple. We plan to open the temple to devotees from Wednesday, July 15, 2020. Your safety is our primary objective; so, we will enforce the following precautionary measures:
- A restricted number of devotees (10 for each time slot) will be allowed to enter the temple for 20 minutes on:
- Weekdays from 10 am to 12 noon & from 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Weekends & holidays from 10 am to 2 pm & from 6 pm to 8.30 pm.
- Both morning and evening slots on Wednesdays, and Thursday morning slots will be solely reserved for senior citizens (60 and above years old). However, on their own risk, senior citizens can also visit at other visiting times. Accompanies for senior citizen, who is under the age of 60, will not be allowed during the Senior citizen slot.
- The slots will start at the top and bottom half of the hour (for example, 10 am and 10:30 am).
- The devotees will enter the temple on a first-come-first-served basis from the south entrance and exit thru the east (front) entrance.
- All devotees will be asked to complete a screening and disclaimer form and permit temple staff to read/record their body temperature. Form can be downloaded here. Depending on the responses to the screening questions and the body temperature, devotee may not be permitted to enter the temple; NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- An employee at the south entrance will ensure that requirements are followed and allow devotees to enter the prayer hall. If the time slot is full, devotees may have to wait for the next available time slot. All devotees, including children, will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- All devotees should wear a face mask. If you do not have one, we will provide one for a donation of $2/mask (children under age 2 exempted from wearing the face mask).
- Devotees will have to maintain social distance using the designated markers in front of/between each Sannidhi and patiently wait until devotees ahead to complete their prayer to prevent close congregation. Devotees will not be allowed to stay in the prayer hall for more than 20 minutes.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times. Do not let children touch any surface.
- Any prasadams, for example, Vibuthi, Kumkum, flowers, fruits, nuts, theertham will not be distributed. And, we kindly request devotees not to bring any prasadam to the temple. For the safety of the priests, all sangalpam and Arathi will be offered only from a distance without physical contact to the sangalpam or Arathi plates.
- We will continue to telecast the poojas through either Facebook or Zoom.
- At this time, priests will not be conducting any house poojas. Car poojas will be conducted by making an appointment.
- Take-out food from a limited menu will be available ONLY on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm and 6 pm to 8 pm. Pre-order is encouraged by calling (301) 552-4889. No dining will be allowed inside the temple. Limited selection of snacks will be sold on the main prayer hall at all times.
- Auditorium will not be rented at this time.
- To avoid contact, we encourage that you make all payments using a credit card.
These requirements will be in place until the threat of COVID19 persists. Let us hope and pray that we will overcome this threat soon and resume our regular operation. We sincerely thank you for your understanding during these troubled times.
Please contact us with any questions or feedback firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Gopal Guruswamy - Chairman / Mr. Anantha Krishnan - President / Dr. Kalpana Ramiah - Secretary