Vilakku Pooja Details
Please note that no one will be allowed to join the pooja or visit the koil on August 14th in the evening. This is a zoom event.
The cost will be $15 for each participating person.
When registering please provide one email for the primary participant as the main SANGALPAM. Zoom call-in details will be sent to that email address. PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE EMAILS FOR OTHER SANGALPAM PEOPLE.
Each participating member will receive a unique Zoom-ID to sign-in after payment is processed. Puja will start on Fri, Aug 14th, 2020 at 6:30pm over Zoom. Additional directions will be provided by email prior to event.
Vilakku pooja is celebrated between the Tamil month of Chithirai to Panguni with each month signifying one aspect of wealth in a person and his/her family. Vilakku pooja can be performed by both male and female members of the family. It brings the family together in spirutual growth and well being. This pooja becomes specially significant during the times we are in right now. Here is a list of each Tamil month and the vilakku pooja significance for each month.
- Chithirai : Blessed with increased production of Pulses/Grains.
- Vaigasi : Blessed with Money.
- Aani : Blessed with Marriage.
- Aadi : Blessed with Long Life.
- Aavani : Blessed with New Born Children.
- Purataasi : Blessed with more Cows.
- Aipassi : Blessed with Food.
- Karthigai : Blessed with Moksha.
- Margali : Blessed with Good health.
- Thai : Blessed with Victory in life.
- Maasi : Blessed with removal of sins.
- Panguni : Blessed with Dharma.
We are currently in the Tamil month of Aadi (Jul 16th through Aug 17th). Praying for long life is the focus this month.
Click on the button above to proceed to the page to sign-up.